Give your floors a fresh, new look with ProNature Softwood Lye. This lightly pigmented lye is perfect for preliminary treatment and lightening of new, sanded, solid Softwood floors before treating with ProNature Plant Soap Concentrate white. Create a brighter and more inviting space. ProNature Softwood Lye is easy to use and non-toxic, making it a safe and sustainable choice for your home. It also helps to open the wood grain, making it more receptive to ProNature Plant Soap Concentrate white, resulting in a more even and beautiful finish.
NB: For interior use only! Not suitable for deciduous timbers (hardwood).
Coverage & Application
Approximately 9-14 m² per litre, depending on the type of wood.
- Preliminary spot-testing is urgently advised!
- Due to the acidic reaction of the product, colour changes of the treated timber surfaces take place and may differ even for the same kind of timber.
- Before treatment, round the edges, clean the substrate, sand finely (grit 120 or finer).
- Completely remove sanding dust with vacuum cleaner.
- Wash resin-rich knots with ProNature Metal and Glass Cleaner to remove all sticky residues.
- Thoroughly cover all surrounding surfaces – ProNature Softwood Lye is corrosive!
- Wear rubber gloves and goggles.
- Only use non-corrosive and acid resistant applicators and containers like plastic or stainless steel!
- Stir product well before use and apply uniformly to saturation in the grain direction. Do not pour out onto the substrate.
- Stir the lye frequently during processing.
- Remove any excess material.
- Dry thoroughly providing adequate ventilation
- Use treated surfaces only after completely dry.
2nd Application / Further Treatment:
- Once completely dry, lightly sand surfaces (grit 180-220) to obtain high quality surfaces. Wear dust protection and remove ALL sanding dust
- Treat with ProNature Plant Soap White (see corresponding technical data sheet. (Do NOT use alternative product as unsuitable soaps could produce discoloration!)
- A further option to protect ProNature Soft Wood Lye is to seal the lye treated surface with ProNature Indoor – Natural Light or a higher grade of white i.e., 20, 30, etc.
Store in a cool, dry place. Minimum stability 2 years in closed container.
Please recycle container.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Clean with ProNature Plant Soap White; (see corresponding Technical Data Sheet).
NB: Do not use alternative product as unsuitable soaps could produce discoloration.
Safety & Warnings
- Natural ingredients may cause allergies. Use only as directed. Keep out of reach of children.
- The product is acidic, similar to lemon juice and irritates eyes and skin.
- Avoid inhaling dust.
- Avoid contact with the skin and eyes.
- After accidental skin contacts wash off with water.
- After accidental eye contact rinse immediately with plenty of water and consult a doctor.
General: The information given is intended as a guideline only. Since this product is used outside of our control, ProNature cannot be held liable for any loss or damage whatsoever relating to the application or surface it is applied to. We reserve the right to change specifications at any time and without prior notice.