ProNature HardWax Oil is a blend of plant oils and waxes that provides protection and a beautiful matt satin finish to all your interior wood surfaces. It is safe to use on everything from floors and furniture to cutting boards and toys, making it the perfect choice of woodcare. ProNature HardWax Oil is easy to apply, and maintenance is super simple. A superior topoil, water- & stain-resistant, so you can rest assured that your wood will look its best for years to come.
Coverage & Application
Approximately 20-30 m² per liter, depending on the type of wood. For optimum durability apply 3 coats.
Watch this short video! https://www.pronature.co.za/tips-tricks/
- Before you apply ProNature HardWax Oil, ensure that all surfaces are dry, clean and dust-free. If necessary, sand wood to a fine, smooth finish using min grit 100
- Can be applied as a top coat on Surfaces stained & sealed with ProNature Indoor after a minimum drying time of ProNature Indoor of 12 hours.
- ProNature HardWax Oil is ready to use – Do not dilute.
- Apply liberally using brush, short bristle paint roller or wipe with cloth until saturated
- Remove and dry off ALL excess after about 10 min using a lint-free cloth e.g. ProNature Mutton Cloth.
- Leave to dry for a minimum of 6 hours and if necessary lightly sand the surface before applying the next coat.
- NOTE: It takes about 7 days to fully cure, NB: Cold weather and/or high humidity will prolong the drying process
Avoid standing water during this period.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Cleaning of Tools:
Use ProNature Plant Soap Concentrate to clean all your brushes & rollers prior to re-oiling.
General Maintenance, Care & Repair:
Use ProNature Wood Cleaner for all wooden surfaces. Re-apply ProNature Indoor once surface appears dry and lustreless. Repair: Sand damaged area and apply ProNature Indoor. It will blend in once the product has fully cured.
Store in a cool, dry place. Minimum stability 12 month in closed container.
- Liquid oil-based paint must be taken to a hazardous landfill site or other municipal collection points.
- NB: DO NOT empty this oil-based liquid residue into drains. Dried out product can be discarded into general municipal waste.
- Maintenance Schedules and Recommendations for wooden surfaces
To keep your timber looking beautiful and avoid degradation over time, use suitable cleaners, e.g., ProNature Wood Cleaner to carry out REGULAR maintenance, follow the instructions and recommendations below.
Prior to applying ProNature Indoor, ensure that all surfaces are clean and free of grease using ProNature Plant Soap Concentrate. If necessary sand to a smooth and even finish (insufficient sanding will be highlighted especially when sealing with a darker colour)
Stir well before applying. For regular maintenance apply ProNature Interior Wood Sealer using a brush or roller (choose same colour as original coating). Wait 10 minutes and then, using a lint-free cloth, remove all remaining excess to avoid glossy spots and prolonged drying. Leave to dry for a minimum 6 hrs.
NOTE: Only surfaces, which are subject to extreme weather conditions, should receive an additional coating after a 24hr drying period.
One coat of ProNature Interior Wood Sealer is usually adequate for maintenance purposes. More coats may become necessary if maintenance had been neglected and the original coating has completely deteriorated. In that case it is recommended to re-apply ProNature Interior Wood Sealer as described in our Technical Data Sheet or on the product container.
It is recommended to check all oiled surfaces for any signs of deterioration within the first year after application and if required, maintenance should commence immediately to avoid further damage.
Experience shows that this first maintenance check is crucial as it extents the time to the next maintenance application substantially and re-coating is probably only necessary every two years.
Safety & Warnings
Natural ingredients may cause allergies. Use only as directed. Keep out of reach of children. Caution:
This plant-oil based product is ignitable. Keep away from open flame!
All given information given is intended as a guideline only. Since this product is used outside of our control, ProNature cannot be held liable for any loss or damage whatsoever relating to the application or surface it is applied to. We reserve the right to change specifications at any time and without prior notice.
WARNING! Soaked or used application cloths may spontaneously combust.
NB: Submerge cloths in water, place in container, seal tight and dispose.
Spontaneous Combustion Explained: Read here!