ProNature Oil Colour Concentrate, where a little goes a long way, contains the highest pigment concentration. It is a Wood Stain & Seal in One Product for all exterior and interior surfaces. From bright white, red, blue and green hues to beautiful rich chocolate browns and intenc=se black, you decide. Give your wood the ultimate UV protection and a glamorous look.
Coverage & Application
Approximately 10 – 15 m²/litre per litre on new timber. Application rates depend on the substrate, type of processing and surface quality. Exact consumption needs to be established with on-site test coat. For optimum durability apply 3 coats.
VIDEO LINK: https://www.pronature.co.za/tips-tricks/
- Product is ready to use.
- If surface been previously coated: remove all coating by sanding/paint stripper.
- Surface must be dry, clean and dust-free. Sand wood to a fine, smooth finish – min grit 100.
- Stir well until pigments and oil are completely combined. (Shaking won’t do it!)
- Apply liberally using brush or short bristle paint roller (or wipe with cloth) until saturation is reached.
- Rub off any excess oil thoroughly that has not been absorbed after about 10 min using a lint-free cloth e.g. ProNature Mutton Cloth.
- Leave to dry for a minimum of 6 hours and -if necessary- lightly sand the surface before applying the next coat, repeating the same process: apply, let it penetrate and rub off excess.
- The finish will take about 7 days to fully cure.
- During this period, avoid standing water or any other liquids and when cleaning sweep instead.
- NB: Cold weather and/or high humidity will prolong the drying process.
Application for creating own tint:
- Add to ProNature Outdoor/Indoor/HardWax Oil/Wax Balm/Rock Natural Clear until the desired colour shade is reached and stir very well also during application.
- Drying time:
High concentrations of ProNature Colours might prolong the normal drying times significantly.
- If darker shades are required apply multiple layers. When used concentrated (not diluted in any of the products listed above) apply a clear layer.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Use ProNature Plant Soap Concentrate for tools.
General Maintenance, Care & Repair:
Use ProNature Wood Cleaner for all wooden surfaces. Re-apply ProNature Indoor once surface appears dry and lustreless. Repair: Sand damaged area and apply ProNature Indoor. It will blend in once the product has fully cured.
Store in a cool, dry place. Minimum stability 18 month in closed container.
Liquid oil-based paint must be taken to a hazardous landfill site or other municipal collection points. DO NOT empty this oil-based liquid residue into drains. Dried out product can be discarded into general municipal waste. Maintenance Schedules and Recommendations for wooden surfaces
To keep timber in its original colour and to avoid degradation through the elements it is necessary to use suitable cleaners like ProNature Wood Cleaner to carry out REGULAR maintenance.. Please follow instructions and recommendations below
Prior to applying the product to the timber should be prepared to ensure it is clean and free of grease. Use ProNature Plant Soap Concentrate. To clean, if necessary sand to a smooth and even finish (insufficient sanding will be highlighted especially when sealing with a darker colour).
Stir well. For maintenance apply liberally using a brush or roller.
Use a lint-free cloth to remove any excess after about 10 min to avoid glossy spots and prolonged drying
Leave to dry for a minimum 6 hrs.
Only surfaces, which are subject to extreme weather conditions, should receive an additional coating after a 24-hour drying period.
In general, a single coat of ProNature Oil Colour Concentrate is sufficient for maintenance purposes.
More coats may become necessary if maintenance had been neglected and the original coating has completely deteriorated. In this case it is recommended to re-apply ProNature as described in our technical data sheet or on the product container.
It is recommended to regularly check all surfaces for deterioration of the oiled surfaces especially within the first year after application.
Visible maintenance should commence immediately to avoid further damage.
It is recommended to have the first maintenance within 6 months to a year after the original application. The first maintenance is the most important and extents the time to the next maintenance application substantially.
The above information given is intended as a guideline only. Since this product is used outside of our control, ProNature cannot be held liable for any loss or damage whatsoever relating to the application or surface it is applied to. We reserve the right to change specifications at any time and without prior notice.
Safety & Warnings
Natural ingredients may cause allergies. Use only as directed. Keep out of reach of children.
This plant-oil based product is ignitable. Keep away from open flame! WARNING! Oil-soaked application cloths may spontaneously combust, therefore should be submerged in water on site and be disposed safely in a tightly sealed container! Spontaneous Combustion Explained: Read here!
All provided information given is intended as a guideline only. Since this product is used outside of our control, ProNature cannot be held liable for any loss or damage whatsoever relating to the application or surface it is applied to. We reserve the right to change specifications at any time and without prior notice.
ProNature TDS – PN119 – ProNature Oil Colour Concentrate